Buddha’s Birthday and Multicultural Festival 2017
Saturday 8th April 11am – 8:30pm
Sunday9th April 9am – 5pm
Elizabeth Quay, Perth
Join us at the Buddha’s Birthday & Multicultural Festival, organized by Fo Guang Shan worldwide in celebration of the birth of Sakyamuni Buddha, the founder of Buddhism.
The iconic Elizabeth Quay will be buzzing with activities during the 2-day event to spread the message of ‘Respect & Tolerance, Consensus and Openness’, promote harmonious co-existence amongst people, and provide visitors an insight into Buddhist teachings and philosophy as a way of life to bring about peace and happiness. Entry is free and everyone is welcome.
It is a smoke-free and alcohol-free event which provides the community and people of all ages an opportunity to see, hear and taste a variety of experiences through ceremonies and rituals, cultural displays and exhibits, vegetarian food and multicultural entertainment.
* Bathing of the Buddha * Buddha’s Birthday Education Project
* Baby Blessing Ceremony * Mass Meditation
* Multi-faith Blessing Ceremony * Tea & Incense Appreciation
* Life Story of Sakyamuni Buddha * Chinese Calligraphy
* Alms Round Procession * Children’s DIY Art & Craft
* ‘Be Kind Be Vego’ & Cooking Demo * Children’s Rides
* Multicultural Performances * Chinese Lion & Dragon Dance
* Multicultural Vegetarian Food Fair * Fireworks Display
* Three Acts of Goodness Photography Exhibition
This Festival is proudly supported by the Office of Multicultural Interests, Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority, City of Perth and City of Bayswater.
For full details and program of activities please visit www.buddhasbirthdayperth.o